Owl crash

The other day Simen in Brevik noticed something weird on their window. An owl had crashed during the night and left marks of dust and fat. Probably a cat or horn-owl an expert says. This is what Simen saw:

Photo: SIMEN FOUGNER

I’ve never seen anything like it, the marks were stuck for several days. Simen couldn’t find the owl in the area so it most likely survived the crash – but it must have hurt.

Heres a link to the story, but in Norwegian: Owl Crash.

6 thoughts on “Owl crash

• 12 October 2009 at 13:12

Oh my goodness, that image is stunning (literally stunning, right?). Sometimes birds crash into our windows and they usually just leave a few tiny feathers stuck to the window.
    .-= Daisy the Curly Cat´s last blog ..Monday Mystery: What am I? =-.

• 13 October 2009 at 3:45

Totally weird. Italians have a lot of superstitions about birds. You might enjoy an old post of mine — a true story– called The Goldfinch.
    .-= Windroot´s last blog ..Reset =-.

• 13 October 2009 at 12:39

That was a captivating post, I loved your story. I’ve never seen a Goldfinch but will definitely think of your father if I see one.

• 13 October 2009 at 5:06

Wow! I have never seen anything like this either. Almsot hard to beleive it’s real! Thanks for sharing.

• 15 October 2009 at 12:16

Oh! That is so sad!! I hope it was okay – he or she does look like quite a majestic thing.

We used to get loads of birds crashing into people’s ig French doors in South Africa and they usually seemed okay so hopefully this one was fine.
    .-= Emm´s last blog ..Child Sexual Exploitation: Silence is Acceptance =-.