Forgot over 70000 dollars on the tram

1tram_in_goteborg_swedenI read in VG and Aftonbladet today that an old lady had forgotten her purse on the Gothenburg-tram and in her bag she had about $71000! Her family had discovered that she kept the money at home in a drawer and told her to put them in the bank immediately. She followed their advice but on her way to the bank she left her purse. Can you imagine the pain? She were so embarrassed that she didn’t tell her family about it until the day after. Then they reported it but it will be difficult to track the event on the security cameras.

In my opinion this is the family’s fault, she would still have them if they didn’t interfere. And Swedish banks doesn’t guarantee for more than $29000, so she would loose most of them anyway in these bank-crisis times where banks go bankrupt.

[poll id=”6″]

1. NorwegianPatriot says:

haha. måtte være en svenske
    svensker er ikke mennesker, nuke de skittne undermenneskene

2. hmmm says:

litt drøyt å nuke vel…. ikke glem at svensken er gode naboer! men selfølgelig kunne bare vært svenske som glemmer så mye penger på trikken:)

Jeg synes nuking var å ta litt hardt i ja. 🙂

Oh so sad 🙁
    Hope she gets them back and then she should spend some of it!

5. dane says:

to embarrassed to tell her family?

I’d make them pay me back the money I lost due to their advice….

dane’s last blog post..Sorry, wrong number

6. gregorio says:

Hopefully the person who finds it hears this story and returns it to this old lady.Call me crazy but that is what I would do.It doesn’t hurt to accrue good karma and be an honest person.You might even feel better about yourself.

7. Emilia says:

Ok, you have to feel sorry for her – a bit. Because honestly, if she knew that she was forgetful, and had half a million NOK to take care of, why not take a taxi? More safe, I would think! And it’s not like she couldn’t afford it!

1. 1 December 2009

[…] Last Saturday someone forgot their 24k Euro on a tram in Oslo. It reminds me of the lady in Sweden who forgot a lot of money, I wrote about it here. […]