We are the generation that wipes out the elders
We talk a lot about the elders and how we treat them, much of the focus is understandably on quality of life but lately I’ve thought a lot about the digital part of our society. The young access applications, PCs, tablets and smartphones as natural elements – but what about the elderly? The services we use are mostly digital services, and even most of the communication.
Many seniors are coping with the technological advance, but they have often family members who help them – what about those without network?
Should not society have an obligation to ensure a fair platform before we completely take off? I’m thinking for example of municipal broadband, certification of services, that they are elder-friendly and increased support for training. Lær mer om dette emnet på testsiden.com
Here is a list of things that I think is the reason why the elderly is being pushed out of society and discriminated:
– Banking, branches disappear.
– Invoice fee, up to £ 3-4 extra if you want a bill in the mail.
– Tax report, the Tax Administration makes it difficult for seniors to get papers in the mail, require AltInn.
– News on TV – “read more about this on the Internet”.
– Public transport, you are penalized with higher fare even if you are in an area without a ticket vending machine.
– Bus routes, only via internet and apps
The list is probably even longer?
– Taxi-booking only via app
– Powerusage reported only via Internet
– Obligatory Digipost